Friday 20 June 2014

Install TFTP Server in Ubuntu 14.04


1. Install the package.

$ sudo apt-get install tftpd-hpa

2. Edit config file as follows.

$ sudo vi /etc/default/tftpd-hpa

# /etc/default/tftpd-hpa
TFTP_USERNAME="tftp"
TFTP_DIRECTORY="/tftpboot"
TFTP_ADDRESS="0.0.0.0:69"
TFTP_OPTIONS="-s -c -l"

Note: -l for listening all time this avoided the timeout issue, -c to create files in tftfp folder.

3. Create TFTP folder.

sudo mkdir /tftpboot
$ sudo chmod -R 777 /tftpboot
$ sudo chown -R nobody /tftpboot

4. Finally restart the app to apply new configuration. 

sudo service tftpd-hpa restart

7 comments:

  1. Thanx. Worked for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) ! Very straight forward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will write you a check for $500 if you will make this work on my computer. I need a tftp server. If you are interested email me at ljfrazee@gmail.com. Everything I have tried has failed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. from flash: to tftp: ok !!!,

    but

    from tftp: to flahs: %Error opening tftp://172.16.1.55/id.txt (Timed out)

    help me please !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apakah perlu apache?

    http://hijaumudawarnaku.blogspot.co.id/2017/08/uang-untuk-berbakti-pada-orang-tua.html

    ReplyDelete